If your computer crashed along with QuickBooks Enterprise open or you need to undo recent changes, use a backup company file to restore your accounting data. This lets you go back to one of your save points if you ever run into problems.
Restore a backup company file
When you restore, QuickBooks uses the backup company file (.qbb) to create a new company file (.qbw).
Important: If your backup company file is on an external device like a USB or a hosting service like Box, you'll need to move it to your local hard drive first. Then follow the steps.
1. In QuickBooks, go to the File menu and select Open or Restore Company.
2. Select Restore a backup copy and then Next.
3. Select Local Backup and then Next.
4. Browse your computer for your backup company file. It should look like this: [Your company name].qbb.
5. Select a folder to decide where to save your restored company file. Then select Open.
6. When you're ready, select Save. If you see any messages about possibly overwriting your data, select the option that best fits your needs. Don't overwrite anything unless you know you want to.
This way users can restore their company files easily and is recommended to keep auto backups turned on for QuickBooks Desktop.
Instead of using a manual method, use some competent Quickbooks file recovery software because the manual method has a very complicated process and phase that takes a long time.
So, if you want to secure your original Quickbooks data, you can use this advanced Quickbooks data recovery software, that can easily fix all of your corrupted Quickbooks data. This software can not only restore but also retrieve all deleted or missing Quickbooks data files.
You can easily correct all Quickbooks errors with this software. Once the errors have been corrected, this software saves the corrected data to the desired spot. Before the actual conversion, it will show users a sample of all recoverable data.