Office 365 (Outlook 2011) - Using Send As or Send on Behalf Permissions
This document assumes you have been granted send as permissions or send on behalf permissions to another account. If these have not been granted yet, please refer to the Office 365 - Manage Full Mailbox, Send As, and Send on Behalf of Permissions document. The following steps show you how to send an email as this account.
To set delegate access within Outlook 2011:
- Start Outlook 2011.
- Click Outlook from the menu bar, then select Preferences from the dropdown.
- Select Accounts.
- Click .
- Under People I am a delegate for, click the + symbol.
- Type a name or email address in the search field, and click Find. This field will search the Global Active Directory (GAL) for a match.
Important: The account must be searchable in the Global Address List in order to find it in this step.
- Choose the name from the list of returned search results and click OK.
- On the Accounts screen, click OK.
To send as or on behalf of:
- Click New from the Outlook ribbon and choose E-Mail Message from the dropdown.
- In the From: field, select the address you are delegate of by clicking From and choosing the address from the dropdown list.
- Note: This field will only be available if the steps described above have been performed or if another account is configured in Outlook.
- Compose a message as usual and send when ready. Depending on access, the recipient will see one of the following:
- Send as permissions: Your message will appear to have come from the user that granted you this permission.
- Send on behalf of permissions: The From: address in any message sent by you will indicate that the message was sent by you on behalf of the user that granted you this permission.
Important: Make sure you understand what send as permissions or send on behalf permissions are.